Sunday, March 28, 2010

Mixed Feelings

You are now reading the blog of the Lakes Ward new choir director. I have mixed feelings about this but am somewhat excited for a new challenge. Maybe that is one of the reasons that I liked being Primary chorister so much. There is a new challenge every week. No two Sundays where alike.
I have learned from my past that I can be a little overly ambitious and I have these visions of me (being the ward choir director) leading a youth choir and even a volunteer primary choir as well as the regular adult choir. I am probably biting off more than I can chew and I already know that I am getting ahead of myself because we don't even have a pianist. It's pretty hard to have a choir without someone to play the piano. I have already picked some music, all with the same topic, that I can make a final decision on once I have heard them. At least I have two weeks to figure this out. Just another reason to miss Mitchell. He could at least roughly play all three songs for me so I can have a better idea with what I'm dealing with. Only once he gets back, he will be so busy trying to catch up that he won't have any free time for anything except making up homework.
I hope we have a good turn out once we start practices. (hint, hint)

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool that you are the choir director. You're going to do such a great job...what a blessing for your ward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have just spent 5 years helping kids to learn songs. Aren't adults easier to work with?! You will do a GREAT job! Maybe I can play the music over the phone for you?

    ReplyDelete